Background

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Can You Save Money Without Using Coupons?

I have had a lot of people tell me that they just don't have the time to clip and organize coupons, but they still want to save money. Their next question of course is, "Is it possible to save money without using coupons?" My answer is, "YES!" Of course you won't see the same amount of savings, but it is possible to save without using a single coupon.

If you don't have the time to clip a single coupon, you can still shop at HEB. If you focus on getting their Meal Deals and Combo Locos you'll still be able to save quite a bit...just remember to pick up the yellow in store coupons while you are shopping.

Another GREAT way to save money without clipping a single coupon is by price matching at Wal-Mart. I went to Wal-Mart today so I could show you that it's possible to save without using a single coupon.



Before price matching my total was right around $60.00, after price matching I was able to get it down to $42.00...$18.00 in savings...30%! It is possible to save money without using coupons. Of course I couldn't make it through the store without using my coupons. After price matching AND coupons I was able to get my total down to $18.30. Not the best trip, but I wanted to make a point that YES you can save without coupons...but with a little extra effort you can save enough to make clipping coupons worth your while! It took me about 15 minutes to get my coupons and shopping list together, and it took me about 20 minutes shopping at Wal-Mart. I saved over $40.00 for 35 minutes of work...DEFINITELY worth it to me to price match AND use coupons!

No comments:

Post a Comment