Background

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Just got back from Albertsons, and before I post about my trip I had to share something that happened.
I was on the canned veggie aisle stocking up on some Libby's veggies...well, I only had 4 coupons left so I don't know if you would call it stocking up. :) While I was putting the cans in my cart I noticed a woman putting veggies in her cart...only not the dirt cheap Libby's veggies, but the Albertsons brand veggies which were priced at $0.79 each. Libby's veggies are on sale for $0.59, but with the in ad coupon you'll get them for $0.39 and then with the additional $1.00 off 3 manufacturer's coupon you can get them for $0.06 a can (if you still have the $0.50 off 2 you can get them for FREE!)
I debated with myself whether I should point out the difference in the price and offer her a coupon, but my son was getting antsy, so I decided to head to check out before he had a mini-meltdown. I've been thinking about the lady ever since I left the store. There have been times when I've been shopping and I've mentioned a good deal/coupon that would get a product for free to people...even offered to give them a coupon. Some people seem thrilled with the information and others look at me like I'm a little loony. What about you, do you ever mention good deals to strangers that you see shopping? If you do, you might get some strange looks, but other people will be so thrilled with the information. You never know, you might help someone stretch their grocery budget and be able to feed their family a better/healthier variety of foods.

1 comment:

  1. I have mentioned good deals and I often share coupons with people...Most of the time they seem to really appreciate it! I have also had others do the same to me and I always appreciate it! I also like to leave coupons I won't use with the products so maybe somebody will get a nice little surprise!

    ReplyDelete