Background

Thursday, October 14, 2010

'Tis the Season to Stock Up on Baking Supplies


Over the next few weeks we should be seeing some GREAT deals on baking goods. It seems like all the stores put these items on sale between now and Christmas...I guess they know people do a lot of holiday baking during this time of the year.

Since we'll be seeing these items on sale, I encourage you to think ahead...not just to your baking needs around the holidays, but for your baking needs over the course of the next 6 months to a year. You'll be able to stock up now while these items are on sale and save yourself a lot of money over the next few months. We don't see a lot of high value coupons for flour, sugar, etc. so we need to take advantage of the store sales!

How should you store these items that you are stocking up on? I have plenty of Tupperware containers, but nothing that is big enough to hold a stockpile of rice, sugar, flour, etc. I have been on the lookout for LARGE AFFORDABLE containers for awhile.

I ran to Sam's today and found this great set of storage containers that I'll be using this year to store some of my staples. It cost under $20.00 for everything. If you are thinking about stocking up on some of these items and need containers to store them in, this is the best configuration of items for the price I've found!

I'll definitely be taking advantage of some of the sales on baking goods in the next few weeks, and look forward to filling these up!

No comments:

Post a Comment