Background

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Grocery Shopping--October Week 2

Below are pictures of all the groceries that I purchased during the second week of October. I purchased everything below and spent...





$48.91 and saved $249.25. I went over my weekly grocery budget of $40.00 a week, but since I only spent $14.20 last week I had a little extra to work with.

I did the majority of my shopping at Albertsons, but I also picked up a few things at Target, CVS, and Walgreens. Most of these deals are no longer available since Albertsons just came out with a new ad today.

I bought:

3 boxes of Oh's Cereal
20 boxes of Cap'n Crunch
10 boxes of Quaker Chewy Granola Bars
1 NyQuil Sinex
3 DayQuil Sinex
2 EOS Lip Balm
4 M&Ms
3 Twix
3 Snickers
3 Twizzlers
3 Russell Stover Chocolate
1 Pumpkin Halloween Basket
5 Mott's Apple Juice
5 Mott's Fruit Punch
4 Kraft Flavored Mayo
4 loaves of bread
1 box of Flavored Ice
6 SunKist Orange Soda (2 liters)
6 pounds of Ground Turkey
2 Colgate Total Toothpaste
1 Crest ProHealth Toothpaste
10 Reach Toothbrushes
2 gallons of Milk
1 Swanson's Chicken Broth
1 package of Paper Plates
1 Halls Cough Drops

You might look at what I purchased above and wonder how I can feed my family on the products that are shown. Keep in mind that I have been coupon shopping like this for months now, so I have a LARGE stockpile of other staples in our pantry and freezer. I make our meal plans based on what I already have on hand. I am able to spend a small percentage of our grocery budget each week on items we NEED for the week, and the rest I use to continue stockpiling items that are on sale and can be used to create future meals with what I already have in our pantry/freezer.

How did you do this past week?

Totals so far for October:
Spent: $63.11
Saved: $324.25

1 comment:

  1. So how on Earth did you manage this, did you just get a bunch of double and triple coupons? I am impressed and hope to learn how to find these great deals too!

    ReplyDelete