Background

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A couple of days ago I wrote a post about a bad couponing experience that I had at one of the stores here. I wrote the post, not to speak negatively about any specific store...If you read the post, you'll notice that I never mentioned what store/chain I shopped at...but to try to give you a heads up that when you are shopping with coupons there will be occasions when you run into problems.

Someone made a comment on the post asking if it was really worth losing my cool and my witness over dish soap. I want to start out by saying that when I was checking out, I did not lose my temper with the cashier and manager(?) that came over to figure the coupons out. I never raised my voice or tried to act ugly to them. When they told me things that I KNEW went against the coupon policy that I had, I asked when the policy had changed and why the changes were happening. Some people might say that I shouldn't have even done that, but being an informed coupon shopper means that you are able to speak up for yourself and be educated about your shopping trip.

I wanted to post about that trip so that other coupon shoppers would know that these things happen to all of us...and it's okay to speak up when things are not going right. Of course, this should always be done in a kind manner.

I'm sorry if that previous post offended any of you, or came across like I was being rude/mean to employees...something I do NOT advocate. I just wanted to share an experience that happened to me...and has probably happened to some of you as well.

2 comments:

  1. I knew exactly what you meant! And I appreciate you sharing your difficult shopping experiences so that I know I'm not the only one that has them! It takes a lot more than coupon issues to lose our witness. You are so sweet. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have all had these issues, and I think it was good to share how you handled it. You were very diplomatic in not stating the name of the store too--because it can happen in any store. Everyone, at some point, that uses coupons probably gets treated like they are trying to do something fraudulent(I have!), and it's great that you can show what to do in those situations. If only the cashiers knew the store coupon policy like you do!

    ReplyDelete