Background

Friday, November 26, 2010

CVS and Walgreens Trips (November 26)

I think I might be one of the only avid coupon shoppers that did not wake up in the wee hours of the morning to hit the Black Friday Sales. I know of several people who didn't even make it to bed last night; they were at the stores last night and continued shopping until late morning/early afternoon. I looked through the ads, but I really didn't see anything that was worth traipsing around town in the middle of the night for...not to mention the freezing temperatures. I did manage to make a run to CVS and Walgreens this afternoon, and I got some AMAZING deals, and to make it even better...the stores were almost empty. I don't know if people stopped there earlier in the day, or if they didn't think that CVS and Walgreens would have anything worth buying. This is a GREAT time of year to stock up on toiletries at little to no cost to you!! If you are new to couponing, this is the time to start your stockpile!!

I bought everything pictured below and spent...



$3.21, and saved over $150.00

I bought:

6 Herbal Essence Shampoo
2 Gillette Deodorant
1 L.A. Looks Hair Gel
5 Dr. Pepper (2 liter)
2 Oil of Olay Body Wash
1 Eucerin Body Lotion
2 Secret Body Spray
2 Colgate Total
2 Colgate Sensitive
1 Crest Vivid 3D
2 Listerine Pocket Packs
7 Oral B Toothbrushes
7 Gum Flossers
5 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
5 Mars Candy (King Size)
2 Mars Candy (Regular Size)
6 Christmas Candy Sticks
1 Caramel
1 Excedrin Migraine
1 Carmex Lip Balm

I did multiple transactions since there were so few people in the stores. I would do a transaction, get my Register Reward or Extra Care Buck and then roll it into the next transaction. I started with $2.00 in Extra Care Bucks, and $8.00 in Register Rewards.
After my trip today, I left CVS with $3.18 in Extra Care Bucks and Walgreens with $23.96 in Register Rewards. I'd say it definitely was a successful shopping day!!

The Walgreens and CVS Black Friday sales are good through tomorrow (Saturday) so if you haven't taken advantage of them I'd really encourage you to get out there and save some BIG money on your toiletry items. Remember to save the most money you need to do multiple transactions and use the Register Rewards and Extra Care Bucks that you earn to pay for your next transaction!

No comments:

Post a Comment